AirlineRatings Ranks EVA in World’s Safest Airlines for 2019. Marks airline’s sixth year in a row among “best of the best” for safety.
EVA Air ranks in AirlineRatings.com’s top-20 World’s Safest Airlines for 2019. This marks the airline’s sixth year in a row to earn a place among the rating website’s “best of the best” for safety. The safety rating criteria is based on analyses of data from aviation governing body, aviation associations, governmental authorities and crash data, using a seven-star rating system. EVA consistently earns high rankings from AirlineRatings for making quality service and safety its top priorities.
EVA never compromises for safety and builds corporate culture upon it to educate staff in all positions, whether in the air or on the ground, with or without supervision, to respectively follow the high-standard guidelines.
AirlineRatings.com is a global, one-stop airline safety and product rating review website helmed by editors and content curators who are recognized worldwide for their expertise and deep knowledge of the aviation industry. To identify the world’s 20 safest airlines, the website monitored 405 carriers and reviewed each one’s performance over the past 10 years. The website’s “best of the best” have all earned AirlineRatings’ maximum seven-star safety rating and met its high standards.
EVA excels in flight safety and service, winning awards and honors from organizations around the world year after year. In 2018, AirlineRatings ranked EVA no. 8 among the World’s Top 10 Airlines 2019, as Best Long-Haul Airline Asia/Pacific and as one of the World’s Top 20 Safest Airlines for 2018. EVA also won five TripAdvisor awards, including 5th place in the Top 10 World’s Best Airlines and ranking among the Top 10 Major Airlines in Asia. In addition, EVA netted SKYTRAX 5-Star Airline status for the third year in a row and was singled out for World’s Best Airport Services.
About EVA Air
EVA Air, a Star Alliance member and one of only 11 SKYTRAX-rated 5-Star Airlines worldwide, was established in 1989 as Taiwan’s first privately owned international airline. It is part of the respected Evergreen Group and a sister company to global container-shipping leader Evergreen Line. It flies a fleet of more than 70 Boeing and Airbus aircraft to 63 international destinations throughout Asia, Oceania, Europe and North America. Travelers can learn more about EVA and book, buy and reserve seats at www.evaair.com.
*AirlineRatings uses seven criteria for its airline safety for its analyses. Each of its top-20-safest airlines has:
1. Completed an IATA (International Air Transport Association) Operational Safety Audit, ie, earned IOSA Certification.
2. Met the European Union’s high standards of aircraft maintenance and regulatory oversight and is not listed on the EU Blacklist.
3. Maintained a fatality-free record for the past 10 years.
4. Served the United States from a country that upholds Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) aircraft operations and maintenance requirements.
5. Originated in a country that fulfills all eight International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) safety parameters.
6. Never been grounded by any governing aviation safety authority.
7. Operates a fleet of Boeing, Airbus and McDonnell Douglas aircraft and does not use any Russian-built aircraft.